China Guide
Home /

Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Foreign Embassies and Consulates in China

China Visa: Types, Application, Exemption...

Passport:  Function, Types, Period of Validity, Replacement...


Selected Questions and Answers:

 Asked by Mr. Russ(China)
I'm Canadian and have been married to a Chinese lady got two years. We got married and we now both live here. What is the procedure for me to qualify for a long term (5 year) permament visa if I plan to stay longer here? I have now been living here for more than four years.

 Answered by Mr.Charles
It is very difficult to get a permanent visa. Please read the Regulations on Permanent Residence of Aliens on the website, then you know the regulations are so strict and rigorous.

  Asked by Ms. Lily(USA)
Hi, I'm a US passport holder. My 1 year Chinese Visa will expire soon, but I need to stay longer for another five days. I don't think I'll have time to renew it prior to my trip.
So my question here is, can I extend or renew it while in Beijing? I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

 Answered by Mrs. Lorna(USA)
Yes, you can extend the duration of your visa at the Exit & Enter Department of Beijing Public Security Bureau before it expires.

  Asked by Ms. Marja(AUSTRALIA)
I am a German passport holder with a working visa for Australia, wishing to travel soon - is it possible for me to obtain a visa from one of the consulates in Australia (or possibly new Zealand, as I may be traveling here in the next few months)?? Thanks :)

 Answered by Mr. Mac
Yes, you can apply from one Chinese consulate in Australia which is near to you because you hold Australian work visa which permits you stay in Australia for a long time. If you apply in New Zealand, you maybe can't get it because you just a temporary visitors to New Zealand. Please bear in mind that single entry tourist L is only valid for 3 months, please don't apply for it too early.

- Last modified on Feb. 25, 2022 -
Questions & Answers on Chinese Embassies and Consulates
Asked by Carrie Li from USA | Aug. 02, 2022 15:48Reply
China Travel Document
I am in USA (have green card). My Chinese passport has expired. I have a family emergency and need go back to China. Embassy says I can get "Travel Document" faster than passport (5 days vs 30 days). 1) does anyone have experience using this? 2) Did you encounter any problems? 3) is it strictly for just mainland? 4) If I have green card can I go to Hong Kong and then to China using Travel Document? Thanks in advance for any help
Asked by Bella from AUSTRALIA | May. 25, 2022 17:41Reply
Working visa
Hi , I am Australian, would like to go to China for working as a marketing. Is personal business allow to sponsor and which visa should i apply ? And when should i apply? Thanks
Answers (1)
Answered by Dave | May. 30, 2022 01:50

You need to apply for work visa and submit the requirements at least a month ago.
Asked by Karisma from UNITED KINGDOM | May. 23, 2022 09:28Reply
Chinese ancestry visa and visa for ancestry research
Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm an Australian, of Chinese ancestry. I also hold a British passport and currently live in the UK.

I've been looking for the visa for 'foreigners with Chinese ancestry' on the Chinese embassy websites and consulates. I've heard of it via the Australian Broadcasting Corporation after 2018.

Is anyone able to clarify if the Chinese National Immigration Administration is still doing this visa programme?

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,


Answers (1)
Answered by Jimmy | May. 30, 2022 01:44

I'm afraid they do not issue the visa at the moment. You may apply for an F visa.
Asked by ALice from USA | May. 17, 2022 14:40Reply
Police station number
I want number of Jining Police Station Number ,Rencheng District Shandong CHINA
Answers (1)
Answered by Dave | May. 30, 2022 01:22

Asked by Sarah Lam from AUSTRALIA | May. 16, 2022 23:18Reply
How long does it take for Renew HKSAR Passport in Melbourne ? Any speed up way ?
How long does it take for Renew HKSAR Passport in Melbourne ? Any speed up way ?
Answers (1)
Answered by Leo | May. 30, 2022 01:35

The consulate does not work as usual. You may call 03-98220604 for the details about your passport renew.
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)